Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Great Rivalry

The great game of baseball has returned for another season. I love baseball! I love everything about it! The feeling you get at a ballpark is heavenly to me. To me it is more then just Americas favorite past time. I can relate almost anything to baseball its sad but true. To me it is a microcosm of life. Its just the language I understand the best. It goes far beyond what base you got to with so and so... I wont bore you with all the symbolic nature with the game and how I think it relates to life but i do want to touch on a persoanl note. This weekend was the first series between the Yankees and the Red Sox the greatest rivalry in all the game. The ultimate battle of good versus the great adversary depending on how you look at it. It was a very sad weekend for me for the yankees lost after putting up a long, hard fight. I can tell already its gonna be a tough match up everytime they meet this year. The Yankees aren't looking so good these days and the evil Red Sox are on the brink of taking control. They say good always prevails... well it didn't this weekend... at least not for me.

3 comments:

josey whales said...

When you write the word America it should have a capital A in front of it.

Yes you are right the Yankees are a good analogy to what is evil in our government. You have a team that has so much money they can buy any player they want. For the Yankees it is not about building a great team its about buying a great team and winning at all costs.

Similarly in our government republicans and some other politicians (but mostly republicans) are backed by big business-drug companies, insurance companies, credit card companies, oil companies, defense contractors, etc. These companies are buying laws and policies; they are getting whatever they want and at huge cost to our country, the constitution, and our way of life. Its a tragedy that the American people are too ignorant to see it and continue to elect idiots like Orrin Hatch, Chris Cannon, GWB, John McCain, etc.

You are correct the yankees are symbolic of our life and pathetic government in America.

josey whales said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blahblahblah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.