Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Long Goodbye

I remember watching the movie Braveheart with my dad, he seemed to really like the line "Every man dies, but not every man really lives." Whether it be a sudden or long goodbye, death comes to us all. On this day 11 years ago my father said his goodbye. I rarely visit his grave and I rarely leave flowers, I rarely even speak of him. I've always wanted to give him a proper tribute if not my greater respects. I just don't know how or what to do or even say. Its sad for me to not be able to talk about such a great man in my life. All I can say is I wish you all knew him.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Sara said...

Big hugs for you darlin, which means a lot considering my issues with personal space. Death comes to us all but honoring those who have passed by living the best life we can is the greatest gift of all.